Thursday, May 05, 2005

Horror movie and Spiritual Warfare

So, last I went to see a movie with my friend Heather. We had narrowed it down to two movies, The Amityville Horror and Hostage. I honestly was leaning toward Hostage, but Heather wanted to see the scary movie. Me being the tough guy that I am, I didn't want to admit I wasn't in the mood for a scary movie. So, to the Caremike for The Amityville Horror at 9:50pm. I did the smart (and dishonest) thing by going to Wally World first to get some candy before I picked Heather up.
The first thing about this movie that was scary was that there were 10 previews. Yes, I said TEN!! After the sixth preview, Heather said we were getting up and moving, grabbed my candy, and went down to the fourth row. I followed (only b/c she had my candy!). I asked, after I sat down, why we moved. Heather said, "The girl behind me was eating popcorn." Umm, okay...Then I remembered that those type of things (smacking food, clicking pens, tapping feet, etc.) annoyed Heather a lot.
So, we finally got to start the movie around 10:20pm b/c of the many, many previews (there should be a law limiting the number of previews). For the next hour or so (it was actually not a long movie, let out at 11:30pm), I was freaked out! I don't get scared very easily, especially if I'm around other people while watching the movie. But, dang, was I scared!! I told Heather random things through the movie, like, "why did we come to this movie," and, "You don't get to choose movies from now on!" I know that sounds wussy, but you watch it and let me know what you think!
After the movie, we decided to go to Super Wal-Mart, I think maybe to calm the nerves. I stuck in some Shane&Shane b/c I needed some Jesus Music! It helped. I decided it was one of the two scariest movies I'd ever seen. The only movie that was probably scarier was The Exorcist (however you spell it!). I know that's high praise (if that's what you wanna call it), but it's true. It did, however, spark a conversation about spiritual warfare. Heather told me about a ghost in one of her old houses that she and her roommate both saw walking down the hall all the time. I told her a few things I had seen and heard about.
When I was dropping Heather off, she suggest I borrow a book from her by Frank Peretti called This Present Darkness. She also gave me his second book, which I'll read when I get done with TPD. I read about 100 pages last night because I couldn't put the book down. I'll probably read some more tonight.
Anyway, I'm going to my sister's tomorrow night for the weekend. We're going to the Rangers game tomorrow night. I'm excited! I love baseball!! I wish it were the Cardinals, but the Rangers are probably my favorite AL team.

*For we do not wrestle against Flesh and Blood, but against the Rulers, against the Authorities, against the Cosmic Powers over This Present Darkness, against the Spiritual Forces of Evil in the Heavenly Places.* -Ephesians 6:12 (ESV)

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm famous!! Haha, yeah, so I know this is an old blog, but I was bored and I'm back tracking through yours (since I didn't even know you had one til recently). Btw, do you still have my books? And did you finish them? What did you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home