Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Chris Rice, Come to Jesus

So, the affects of music on people have been know to be rather powerful. This isn't breaking news or anything, but when it happens to you, sometimes you still get surprised. Today, while taking my shower, I was listening to some music. Singing along with Jeremy Camp (an octave down, obviously) is a pretty good way to start your day. Then Chris Rice's song "Come to Jesus" came on. As soon as it started playing, I felt the emotion inside me, which isn't unusual because it's a powerful song. But when it got to the "Cry to Jesus" part, I just lost it. There I was in the shower balling my eyes out. I kinda laughed afterwards because I felt like a pansy. But I think it was just a simple reminder of how powerful music can be, especially if you are really listening. If you haven't ever heard this song, make sure to look it up (or download it legally on iTunes).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pansy! j/k. :D

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nathan, that was just too sweet! (Apparently, being an uncle makes you mushy!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home