Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A few days not too busy

So, it's been a while since I've last posted, or blogged, if you will. There really hasn't been enough in one day to write about. I've spent most of my time sleeping in here in Paducah, or being with family or church family.

Went with my grandma the other day to see Grandpa in the nursing home. This was the first time I've been home and he was in the nursing home. It's not too much different than the assisted living place he was in, but just knowing that it is to the point where he is in one is disheartening enough. The previous Tuesday Dad and I went out for Pizza night with my grandma and family. When we walked in, I spotted an older man. Dad leaned over and asked me who he looked like. "Grandpa," I replied. And he sure did. Just like Grandpa looked 10 years ago, his body filled out healthily. He's now weighing in around a paultry 100-105 lbs. Grandma said he just gained 3 lbs., which isn't much, but helps. One thing I noticed was that his hands were severely swollen. Grandma said she noticed it too, and that the nurse had mentioned it. He only said "hey" and "huh" while I was there, but Grandma says he appreciates it.

On a better note, I talked to Gary last Wednesday. Apparently, they weren't sure when I was coming up to St. Paul. I told him I had been telling people "around the 1st of June" because I didn't know when they wanted me up there. So, apparently we were waiting on each other. Anyway, Gary said that I may end up staying in Hudson, Wisconsin with the Hawleys, which I happen to know where that is. Oh, on a side note, I hate (!!!!) fundraising. I don't like asking for people's help, much less their money!!!! I guess that's part of my family and pride coming out in me.

I saw two of my friends the other day, Chris and Buff. They couldn't be any more different from each other, although that didn't used to be true. Buff is here working with his home congregation's youth and working at his parents' Exxon, where I used to work. His church is a small baptist church, but he said they are getting 15-22 kids each night, which is HUGE (in greatness and size) for his church. Chris however is the opposite. I heard he worked at the EB Games on Southside, so I dropped in on him. I don't mind language, but when I see Chris I have to brace myself for lots of it. But since he was such a great friend in the past, I hung out there for an hour or so. He said he wanted to get together and do something, but then threw in "but I won't go to church with you." He used to go to my church here...used to be the guy who would be on fire like no one else. *Sigh*

Well, tomorrow, I'm suppose to go play tennis with a few guys (I'm not good), then go to the doctor. Maybe Josh won't bust my lip again. Oh, btw, I was throwing the baseball last Sunday night, when a random frisbee came out of nowhere and hit me in the mouth. Hit me so hard, I checked my teeth first. My lip bled for 10 minutes. Josh Lee had thrown it apparently.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Hey, you think you might post sometime soon?! We're all waiting...

Just kidding! I hope all is going well & you are having a blast!!

I already miss ya!!

Love you,
Lesli

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Lesli said...

OK. It's been a month now. If Stephen Lamb in Africa can find a computer to post, surely you can find one in St. Paul! jk. sort of. I hope you're having a BLAST!!! I miss ya & love ya! Talk to you soon!

Love you,
Lesli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home