Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jody Stevens, valet/songwriter

So, I work with this guy here in Nashville. His name is Jody Stevens. Like every valet in Nashville (well, maybe except for me), he is interested in getting into the music business. For the most part, Jody is looking mostly to make it as a songwriter. He can be a somewhat goofy guy, definitely one of the most entertaining guys at our hotel. But unlike most of our guys, Jody actually has the industry in his vains. His dad, Jeff Stevens, has around 10 #1 music hits on the country charts, not to mentions other hits that didn't make it to the top. So, he knows what's the standard of great.
I was actually pretty surprised by the strong lyrical content of the song I Didn't Hear You. I told Jody a day or two after I heard this song on his myspace, "Man, I wish I would have written that!" As you may know, I am considered somewhat of a hopeless romantic, so this song fit my style pretty well, even if it is country sounding.

As for the song itself, it is a very telling song. Actually, for many guys, this song rings true to some point in their life. How many times are guys accused of not listening. Or listening, but not hearing?! This song, of course, is set in the romantic setting of the guy who had a girl, didn't really listen to her needs, then after losing her, realizes his mistake. I think the song tells a powerful story, easily fitting the country-romantic, lost-love song genre. Put this songs in the hands of a Keith Urban or another country star, give it a studio recording, and this is easily a top 10 hit on the Country Charts.

To check out Jody's Soundclick site to listen to this song and others, click here:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=693580

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home