Saturday, September 24, 2005

Long time, Long days

So it's been a long time since I've been on here. I thought (and was hoping) that I would have enough free time and internet access over the summer while I was in St. Paul. Turns out I had neither, so I couldn't write on here like I wished. So, it has been a very long time.

More than that, it has been a long last few days. I got the good 'ol breakup call from the gf, Pa Nhia, Monday night, which I didn't see coming. Maybe I should have, but hard times don't always mean the End Days. I always thought that no matter how frustrated I got, or how much I frustrated her, this one was worth it...worth dealing with the distance, frustration, and occasional hurt (which comes in all relationships). But I was enlightened a little Wednesday night at Hope in my small group. We were talking about relationships (go figure), but mainly friendships. Someone made the comment the the best relationships are the ones that you let yourself be the most vulnerable. I don't know that she believed that, and who wants that totally anyway. But that's probably something every relationship has to work on...along with forgiveness and second chance. Just looks like we won't get that chance to work on it.

Last thing on the girl: When people would ask me how it was going, I would be honest (especially with friends), but say that she was always worth it, that the relationship I foresaw was always worth it. You know...I'm not sure I ever want to feel that way again.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't give up just yet. Having a companion in life is a gift that God grants us and can make the good better and the horrible endurable. I am sorry that you have had to suffer through this, but am glad you had friends there for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home