Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day Off

So, today is my day-off for the week. (Which I'm totally okay with b/c there isn't a lot of money to be made today!) As I usually do on my day-off, I was sitting on my couch eating, watching TV, and neglecting all of the things that need to be done! As I was sitting watching one of my favorite movies Love Actually (the cable-version, which is the only version I would recommend to my mom...and maybe I wouldn't even recommend that), two commercials came on for two drug products, both dealing with RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome, rather straightforward name). Anyway, both of the drugs named how they help and what the side-effects might be. THEN both of them, after the side-effects and NOT during, state, "Also, if you feel any gambling or sexual urges, contact your doctor." WHAT?!?!

The whole "may cause drowsiness," stuff made sense. But they have now managed to create a drug that could possible give you those urges. Sexual urges, that's biological in the strictest sense, so I can somewhat understand that. But GAMBLING URGES? Weird.

Anyway, that's all I had to say, just had to share with someone. Anyone. Can't keep that kind of thing to yourself. HA!

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Ryan and I heard that commercial not too long ago, looked at each other, and died laughing!!! It is amazing at what they can create! Gives an awareness to the fact that there might be more to a gambling addiction than we thought!! HA! Crazy!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love drug commercials. Seems half the time they cause symptoms similar to the one they are supposed to alleviate! I am just so NOT a drug person.

I also love Love Actually. That is one of Kacey's & my favorite movies! (I'd love to have a PG version of it, though.)

Great to have you posting! I check often, but you're rarely updated! See you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home