Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Red Birds

My beloved Cardinals won Game 1 of the NLCS against Houston. Many experts pick Houston to win, but I believe the Cards will get back to the World Series.

I must admit, though, that it was truely enjoyable to see the Yankees lose and the Red Sox get swept. I've always hate the Yankees (somehow my sister roots for them!!) and the Red Sox became the New Yankees after last years World Series win. I do feel for my roomate Jeremiah and our friend Luke Jackson...Jackson is from the New England area, and Jeremiah is an avid Sox fan.

Random Jeremiah quote: "I don't have a good memory when it comes to remembering." Wow!

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Well...I have to admit. The reason that I liked the Yankees was because I knew of them and had been to their stadium. There really wasn't much about the team that I knew enough to like or dislike. After watching them more last year, I have to say that I really honestly could care less about them. As long as the Cardinals are still around, they'll always be my favorite...even over the Rangers. Sorry, Ryan!

Lesli

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Nathan,

Sweet, I made it on two straight blogs!! This is why I keep telling myself I should blog everyday, because when I don't, all these thoughts bottle up in my head and then I blog after a week and it's like verbal diar....you get the point.

And the Red Sox being the next Yankees? If they spend a boatload of money during the off-season, I'll agree with you. But here's the deal, really when you think about it, Manny Ramirez, Edgar Renteria, and Curt Schilling are the only three major players on the Sox that were purchased as All-Star players. David Ortiz: became All-Star as a Sox (although he had a good year in Minnesota). Johnny Damon: decent in KC, became All-Star as a Sox. Jason Varitek, Trot Nixon, Kevin Millar, Bronson Arroyo, all came up with the Sox.

Compare that to the Yankees, a team in which only three homegrown starters (Williams, Cano and Jeter) and one homegrown pitcher (Rivera) and a team loaded with players that were allstars before they came to New York.

Okay, Boston might be pushing it a little. But they'll never be as bad as the Evil Empire, the New York Yankees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home