Monday, October 10, 2005

RETREAT!!!!

This weekend was the Choir retreat. It was such a great weekend. I got to know a lot of people that I wasn't close to, meet the ones I didn't know at all, and got to reconnect with others. It was great just getting away and having so much fun with all those people. Take a Hike and Mass Cranium were great. But a few things happened that I didn't expect.

Friday night some of us stayed up until sometime after 4am surrounding Josh Castle (one of the most talented people I've ever met!) at a piano. Then when everyone but Matt Harris and I went to bed, I sat at the piano and wrote a song at 5am! We went to bed around 5:15am, got up at 7:30am or so. I'm not totally sure how it happened, but I ended up playing that song that night in the talent show...at 7:30pm. So, basically 14 hours later!! A few people really wanted me to play, and I kinda wanted to myself. But if you know me, you know that I was nervous as everything. I was no Josh Castle or Michael Griffith, but I did okay. I'm glad I did it, since it's something I wouldn't normally do. I also sang with 3 guys a couple of songs. This wasn't nerve-racking because this is something I'm used to doing, though it's been a while. We just threw two songs together literally less than 5 minutes before the show began. But since I used to do quartet stuff, and I wasn't alone up there, it wasn't scary.

Speaking of the talent show...I love to see Michael Griffith play in the talent show. And there was a freshman girl named Jo who I was very impressed with...more so her body language and facial expressions. It was actually very enjoyable to watch!

The devo after the talent show when great. Sarah Heal and Jeremiah did a great job. I was glad everyone was so willing to open up to each other and to God's movement. I got to talk with Matt about life and girls. It was good for me. Having him there this weekend made retreat that much better!!
Speaking of Matt...he kept bringing up two things. 1) I should become a firefighter with him, then eventually go do vocational missions in Australia with him as a firefighter. I must admit, this sounds intriguing! 2) He kept saying that I should ask a certain girl out. It's kinda funny b/c he's not even sure if she's single!! Goofball.

I would definitely say I'm confused right now. But I keep moving, believing my footsteps are guided. Right now, I don't believe anything is concrete.


P.S. I would like to point out that I edited a previous post that said something negative about my sister. It took me a few days to see my typo and change it to what I meant to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home