Monday, September 26, 2005

Video Games

What is it about video games that draws so many people, myself included? This weekend I played a video game for hours with a roomate and another friend. Every other night, I play a shooting game with two of my roomates. I think sometimes it's to let out aggression and frustration, which I've had a lot of lately (frustration, not aggresssion). Sometimes, for guys, it's a weird way of bonding, like watching football together. The relationship isn't any stronger, but it usually feels like it. But I think the greatest reason is the ability video games give us to escape; the ability to get away from life and live in an alternate life, if not for only a few minutes. It gives us more control than we normally have in our lives, even though most of us won't admit we aren't always in control. I don't have all the answers, but this one makes sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home