Thursday, September 29, 2005

When to give up

So, this is what I've been struggling with...When do you give up on a girl, especially when she already broke up with you. It's been over a week since the breakup, and I miss her just as much as I ever have. I have no clue if we will ever get back together, but I haven't given up on that possibility.

I'll be honest about a few things. 1: I faked last week totally. 2: Linked to the first thing, I've had numerous times that I've fought tears. And some of those times I didn't win. But the number itself has surprised even me. Of all the girls I've dated, it has been a long time since I've cried over one. It doesn't mean I wasn't in some good ones, because I was, but I just didn't cry over them...at least not for this type of reason.

So, when do I say "I GIVE UP!" I mean, this isn't even close to being the longest relationship I've been in...Heck, it's one of the shorter ones. And when I think about it, it never was going to be an easy relationship. Different races, backgrounds, families...her first language isn't even English, it's Hmong, which I'm horrible at...it has never made since. But I guess since that didn't matter to me when we were together, it shouldn't matter now. And she does strive to honor God more than most people I know, by far!!

So, I'm stuck, torn, and torn to pieces. One thing for sure: One Love, One God, One Way.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

I'm brought to tears to hear your pain. I am so sorry that you are going through this. You know me, I want to fix it to take away your pain. I can't say when you give up. I can say don't give up on love. It is real, true, and long-lasting. Just have faith that it will be brought to you when God wants. I know that's the hardest thing to do!! It will come. The best girl for you is out there. Whether it is Pa Nhia or not, I don't know. I know that you are & have given everything you can to this relationship. That is ALL you can do. The rest is in God's hands. Just pray, pray, pray! I will pray, too. Force yourself to keep your chin up & I have complete faith that you will get through it. LOVE YOU BUD!!!!!! Call if you need to.

Love ya,
Lesli

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is time to let go and give your worries to the Lord. He loves you and he knows what is best for both of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home