Thursday, September 29, 2005

Another day, Scripture usage, and Love

So, okay, maybe I went a little heavy on the whole song lyric thing! But they all spoke to me when I was reading them.

Today wasn't actually a bad day. We (Pi Kappa members & pledges) played capture the flag with Alpha Kai girls tonight on campus. Though many people, guys and girls, stood around talking a lot, it was still fun being able to chase people. Just doing something active always helps me, whether it's this or football practice, or just throwing a ball around. I was meant to be physically active.

You know, I love the Bible. It has so many good things to say. But sometimes I get annoyed when people use Bible verse as their only reply. I would rather someone say, "Well the Bible says ______ about this subject, so I think ________ ," than just reply (like in an email) with only scripture. I know we should bring each other back to the Bible, but it's hard to get to know someone in a friendship if that person won't give their opinion, or at least how they think the Bible verse applies, or how it affects them. Since the Bible isn't a book of rules, it's hard to always just use it as such, and it gets under my skin when people blindly use it that way. Or if they aren't blindly using it, they should at least give their feelings or interpretations. That's just my feelings when it comes to Bible usage in friendship.

There are few people I am more appreciative of than my sister. Though sometimes she's not the best at listen, but the best at interrupting, I never have a doubt that she will always be there for me. Thanks also goes to my roomates and Katie Noah for listening and giving great feedback. God bless and peace.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Thanks & OUCH! I'll try to get better, but you don't have to post my faults on a blog! ;)

Love ya!
Lesli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home