Thursday, October 13, 2005

sports and stuff

So, the Cardinals lost their game tonight, leaving the series tied 1-1 and going to Houston for 3 games. I'm glad my sister finally admitted that the Cards are the best team to root for and that her love for the Yanks has died off. Proud of ya sis!

We had a flag football tonight. It was a close game. We were down by a touchdown, then tied it up on a deep pass to Danny. Then Allen intercepted a pass in their endzone, ran it out about 30 yards. Our offense drove to the 1 yard line (actually closer, and Danny's catch should have been another touchdown). After a dropped snap (dead ball), Ox threw the ball to Allen in the endzone, who made a great catch to win the game as time expired!!! Probably the best flag football game I've ever been a part of or witnessed. I did get one catch (didn't play much offense), and got warned for 'flag-guarding.' But the guy was pulling on my boxer-briefs and shorts, not my flag. I was guarding myself from mooning everyone! And that was my explanation to the ref!

On another note...it is so hard to listen for God's voice. I feel like there are even times in life that you have to decide something on your own because it has to be a prompt decision and you might be confused on what God wants exactly. But there is something greater that I believe. I think it is possible that God can work in my life no matter what road I take. With some decisions, I think it's not about which decisions you make, but the heart behind the decision. That gives me some peace about it.

"But He said to them, 'You give them something to eat.'" -Mark 6:37

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

I COMPLETELY agree! Although I think we should always listen for God's voice, I firmly believe that no matter what path we take in life He can always use us and work in our lives. I don't believe that He says, "Now, Lesli, you need to go to Texas and do this one particular job or I just can't work." No matter where we are in life or where we chose to go. As long as we are searching for Him in everything we do, He will work. I think sometimes we wait for a 2x4 to hit us over the head. I just don't know that He always works that way. Anyway, just my thoughts...not sure if they make complete sense, but my thoughts anyway.

Hope you have a GREAT Homecoming weekend!! Love ya!

YLBS, (Well, I'm challenging that comment at my current weight. Just another reason for me to lose a few lbs.!)

Lesli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home