Wednesday, January 30, 2008

INSIDE SCOOP

So, I'm totally posting this without the female's permission. So, you better appreciate this because it may get my butt kicked. Anyway.....

So, we went out this past Saturday to Dave & Buster's with Grant, Channing, and Channing's new boyfriend. This was significant for two reasons. One, this was the first time for Grant and me to meet Channing's new boyfriend, Jake. See, Channing was my "little sister" in high school. Actually, that's never really changed. And I hadn't met Jake yet, so this was my chance to approve of him. And that's important. The last guy Channing was with (and I won't even mention the dirtbag's name) had no idea how to treat a sweet girl. And, he is a loser. Plain and simple. This is not gossip, it's fact. A guy treats my "lil' sis" poorly, it's about the same as my big sis going through the same thing. AND, the day i met THAT guy, I had a very, VERY strong URGE to punch him in the face...and that was two years ago. So, me meeting Jake was big. On first impression, seems like an okay guy. But time will tell....

The second significance of Saturday night was when Kacey and I were standing in line to put our name on the Bowling list. Somehow, we ended up hugging (awww....), then Kacey backed up from me quickly and just says something to the affect of, ".....Are we gonna be THAT couple?? The one that makes everyone else sick??" It was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, you should have seen that light bulb go off! And, speaking as someone who was Kacey's friend for a long time before we dated, it was an expected comment. She was definitely the person who would see a couple out (madly in love or not) holding hands, hugging, or even (God-forbid) kissing and say, "Get a room!" So, this is a moment I will remember FOREVER!!

On top of that great Saturday night (live) moment, I got a text from Kacey the other night, telling me that she was eating chocolate and watching a girly movie with her roommate. Then she blamed it on me! The AUDACITY!

So, yeah, life is going pretty good. But just don't tell Kacey I wrote this. She'll never know........

6 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. We went to Kroger's to buy chocolate chips, then we sat on our futon, in our sweat pants, and watched Hope Floats. Dang that Harry Connick for making me want to cry!

You caught me, I'm a sap.

And yes, I'm blaming it on you.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Nathan Anderson said...

Dang it....

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I AM SO LOVING THIS!!!! I have always known that deep down, I mean REALLY deep down, where she thinks nobody else can see, she's a big ol' girly girl who likes smooching and pink sparkly lipgloss and songs that make you cry and happy endings. Deep, deep, deep, deep down . . .

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Keep blogging!! I love the day-to-day posts! Why would you need her permission anyway?! Just kidding!!! :o)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Nathan Anderson said...

Les: Have you seen this girl punch??? hahaha


Steph: Just promise that you won't ride her too hard about it. Because if you do, and she stops being that way, we (meaning you and I) just may have some problems! ;o) Although, the pink lipgloss and all that stuff probably don't apply....

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Sara said...

This made me laugh. I can just hear her now saying that. Us independent girls don't like thinking that a guy can affect us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home