Monday, October 05, 2009

Long Time No Post & Long weekend

So, Hi. It's been a while. It's not because I don't love you and think good things about you. It's not about you at all. It's not you, it's me...

(Don't ask, I don't know...was just the first thing that came to my head.)

So, Kacey made the right move by going to the Zoe Conference, then to Paducah, this weekend. Although it would have been nice to come home to my beautiful wife Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. But I didn't come home Saturday night. I went into work Saturday around 12 noon, and came home sometime after 1pm Sunday. There was a large amount of business downtown all weekend, so my presence was need pretty much the entire time. Other than being called many different names, none of which are very nice, things were not as bad as they could have been. But after absorbing abusive language, running cars, and trying to control our drive, for 25 hours, I finally came home. I don't think I've been that tired before. Can't remember having bags under my eyes before, but I looked ROUGH! So, yeah, Kacey made the right decision, especially in listening to me when I said she should go to Paducah.

Even though I worked a lot, there were times in that 25 hours that were enjoyable. Sometime between 7:30am & 8am, one of my supervisors and I decided everything was funny. See, he had come in at 3pm Saturday, so he was about as tired as I was. And so, SLAP HAPPY set in. EVERYTHING was funny. One of my guys got frustrated trying to find something he was looking for (a car), and I still laughed. Even brought a tear to my eye. (I later apologized for this, he understood.) I finally told my supervisor, "We need to seperate ourselves, because this is NOT getting any better!"

So we did, about 20 feet apart. And then we made eye contact, and both lost it again. I guess it was kind of nice, actually. Laughing that much after being cussed out and called names, it was a nice difference. When I finally got home, I sat down on the couch. Maybe I was a bit delirious, but I actually thought I was going to mow my yard when I got home. Didn't happen. I fell asleep sitting up, with my head laying to the right on the back of the couch. I remember going and getting the pillow from upstairs. But I don't remember putting a blanket under where I was going to lay on the couch. I remember thinking that I SHOULD, but not actually doing it. Come to think of it, I don't remember driving home. I guess getting the pillow is the only thing I remember. Weird.

Today, Monday, I took the whole day off. Woke up quite a bit all night (apparently you're sore after being on your feet that long). After I woke up yesterday after my 4 hour pass-out, my boss called me. He had been out of town all weekend, but had heard about the work I and my colleagues had put in. So, he was cancelling our district meeting the next day (today), and instructed me to turn off my phone until Tuesday. He would go by my site and let my team know to call him if they needed anything. So, I stayed at home with my stay-at-home wife (ok, she's just working full-time from home, but she still "stays at home.") and hung out and relaxed.

Oh, and all that relaxing was done in our new house. I've promised some people we'll take pictures, but it's still full of boxes everywhere. In general, this house needs some lovin'. We've got all the paint on the walls (Thanks Lindsay for the painting weekend.), and a new couch. Even have cable tv (including the Sports Package with the MLB Network because my wife loves me), internet, and our wireless network. Just needs some organizing and other fun stuff. With getting old comes responsibility.

Kacey said, "You need to blog," so that was it. Peace.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kacey Leigh said...

You did need to blog. I'm very glad you did :o)

I'm glad to be home with you, although I did have a fun weekend. It's nice coming home to a wonderful hubby, and a semi-put together house!

Love you baby.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger *Lindsay*Jordan* said...

I love you too na-na!! Glad you got some well deserved rest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home