Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random update

So, just a few things, none really related to the other.

I was reminded last night of the one area that Target falls behind Wal-Mart: Home & Office. I LOVE Target. Their style for stuff, pretty much anything, is so much better than Wal-Mart's. I would usually rather buy food at "Vah-Maht" (that's what my mommy calls it) b/c it's cheaper, but I generally go to the Food Lion for food anyway. Everything else is Target.
But last night, Kacey called me to see if I could run to Target to get her a portfolio and resume paper for her Career Fair today at the scomb of Lip. (I'll always remember Brad Fuqua telling me, "Hey, you got some scomb on your shirt!" HAHA) So, I get to Target, looking for a portfolio. The Home & Office section is small to begin with, always has been. But I could only find two boxes of resume paper (white and cream) and two Padfolio's (black and brown). So, we went with the only options that would work for Career Fairs, white paper and black padfolio. I love Target, but they really need to improve this section!

This morning was kinda weird for me. At 6:38am, I got a phone call from my manager as I was literally about to head out the door. That's about 3 minutes later than when I like to leave, so I thought maybe I was supposed to have been there at 6:30 and forgot. But, nope, he was just calling saying that we had our third shift person not show last night, and that he may need me to work 2nd shift (3-11) or third (11p-7a), so for me not to come in and wait for him to call me. We talked 3 different times this morning, and I ended up not going in at all today, so it was a day off. Weird.

Weather looks like it's gonna get messy for us tonight, though it's been better than what Kentucky has been getting. We haven't gotten any rain or ice yet, but they are saying the rain we are getting now should turn into freezing rain around 1am, then "freezing drizzle" around 4am...I had never heard of FREEZING DRIZZLE before!! I thought that was just part of freezing rain! Oh well. The weather is becoming like the new detail descriptions of ratings for movies. Like, Definitely Maybe, which I really wanna see, is rated "Rated PG-13 for sexual content, including some frank dialogue, language and smoking." Frank Dialogue...did Frank even know that he had lines in this movie, or that they weren't child-appropriate??? (I'm an idiot, yes. I already know this. But it made ME laugh!)

Speaking of movies that I want to see... There is ONE movie that I am more STOKED about than any other, more than the new Batman or Indiana Jones (and I'm pretty stoked about those two). Just ask Kacey, and she'll tell you: WALL-E. We've seen the preview in theater at least twice, and the first time, I was totally glued to the screen. The second time, I seriously freaked out when the preview started! I think Kacey gets a kick out of me, giving her a chance to laugh at me, as if she doesn't already get enough! But, seriously...I really wanna see that movie. If you haven't seen the preview, check it out!!

Well, that's all. Just figured I'd be a good person and update. Peace

7 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and I promise we'll go see WallE. You're just not allowed to freak out and act like a 2-year-old during the whole movie. (But I guess I can't judge since I freak out that much every time the Batman preview comes on!)

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way...I like my new name on your links ;)

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

You are a good guy! Thanks for the update.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmmmm . . . I clicked the "beautiful" link fully expecting it to link back to my own blog. Sooooo disappointing!

I'm with your sis - you are a good guy!

I'm not with Kacey - you can freak out and act like a 2-year-old if you want. I mean, come on, she freaked out over "Sweeney Todd"!!!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Too funny! On our drive to Colorado we drove through "freezing fog". What is that? The weather man getting bored maybe? Seemed like normal fog to me!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're telling ME to update??? Oh, you hypocritical soon-to-be son-in-law! You could at least blog about what a great job I did raising my daughter!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think you might have something new to write about ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home