Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Wow, I'm Tired

So, I've already posted the start to my weekend that was. So, after working 2 shifts that Friday (7a-3p, 11p-7a), I came home and got in bed Saturday morning a few minutes after 8am. Mike and Sara Darling were coming down with Stephanie Reynolds Saturday so that the girls could go do girly things, and I was going to spend some time with Mike, so I asked Kacey to call and wake me when they got done with their sushi lunch. Apparently, it was Stephanie who called me, but I honestly don't remember a thing. I just vaguely remember talking to someone and laying there afterwards, wondering if I really had. Apparently, according to Kacey, there were a few long pauses and "yeah" kind of responses from me. I think I kinda sounded like Lesli when you try to wake her up!
It was cool spending some time with Mike (or Mikey as the Reynolds' call him). I don't think I had realized it before, but I'm not sure he and I had ever done anything as simple as getting lunch. And, it was fun getting a chance to tell our "story" to someone who knew the both of us, other than family. We didn't do anything special, but it was definitely enjoyable (at least on my end). My brain had a hard time sticking to a thought, but that's slightly expected after 3 hours of sleep.
After the Paducah crew went back, I headed back to my apartment while Kacey took her cousin home. Just as I pulled up to my apartment, my phone rang: Aaron, my manager. He had the same dilemma as the previous night. And the same question was posed to me: Would I work 3rd Shift. Unlike Friday night, I actually decline. I honestly just wasn't sure if my body could do it. It was tough, I hate telling people, "No." Kacey and I ended up trying to hang out, renting the movie The Kingdom and picked up Chinese food. The movie was slightly disappointing, and we gave up on it after a boring 1st half of the movie. I actually ended up going to bed at a decent time. But even with that, when I woke up Sunday, I did NOT feel well at all, probably my body saying, "hey, I'm not feeling well, and you need to CHILL!"

So, we were back at my apartment Sunday afternoon. I went to lay down on my bed, not thinking I would actually fall asleep. But I did apparently...because I woke up to the sound of someone cleaning my kitchen. I thought it was my roommate, Grant, until I remembered Kacey was supposed to be here somewhere. Then I heard her speak, and realized SHE was cleaning my kitchen. So, I stumbled in there and asked her to stop, to which she said, "No." Her reasoning was that she knew we had friends coming down from Paducah for a Super Bowl party, and that since I wasn't feeling well (and that she had taken much of my free time recently), she was going to clean it. I disagreed, but didn't really have a lot of energy to put up a very substantial fight. So, I leaned against the wall. What I didn't know was that she wasn't done there, insisting on cleaning my bathroom too. I didn't like the idea of this. I mean, my bathroom isn't the worst, but it's still MY bathroom. Still lacking energy, I lost this fight too. I guess if I'm ever going to lose a fight, these probably aren't bad ones to lose! She even ended up pouring Hydrogen Peroxide in my ears. Isn't that an amazing woman?! Definitely gives me something brag on her about!!

My Super Bowl party was cut a little short. Channing, Jake, Nate, and Tiffany had come down to join us here in Nashville. But I got another call from Aaron wondering if I could work that night. The previous night, the one I had turned down, had been covered by the 2nd shift supervisor, meaning he had to pull a double. If I didn't work this night, he might have to do it again, which I didn't think was right. So, I said I would. But I definitely made a few people unhappy, mainly Kacey. It wasn't that I was working (well, mostly wasn't), just that I wasn't healthy and working overnight without sleep wouldn't help. I knew she was right, but it was still something I felt like I had to do. But making her "not happy" wasn't very fun.... I also had to leave my apartment with my friends sitting in my living room.
We actually all, minus Grant, ended up meeting for breakfast at Noshville when I got off work. I had one of the best omelets of my life...Spicy Chicken and Green Peppers. Yum. But, after I got home, I slept straight to 7pm. My phone was right by my head, but I missed two phone calls without flinching. I think I may have been tired or something. Today (Tuesday) at work was a long day, just because I didn't feel well. Aaron made me go eat one of his bananas at one point because he said I was pale. Oh well. Tomorrow is my off-day, so I plan on sleeping in and relaxing as much as I can. At least I made some extra money...and I was given something to brag on Kacey about......like I really need anymore opportunities. :o) But this is one that I can blog about and know that I won't get in trouble!

3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

wait . . . I'm trying to wrap my brain around this one . . . Just Kidding! Kacey has always been an amazing worker and a bit of a clean-freak. (Not a neat freak - there IS a difference.) Seriously, I'm glad you are having success at domesticating her! Now if you can only teach her to cook . . .

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Nathan Anderson said...

yeah...I don't think that one is going to happen soon...but maybe eventually. :o)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I enjoyed the time with you as well Nathan! It was great to hear your side of "the story!" We'll have to do it again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home