Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yeah Yeah

I know...it's been a while. I'd like to blame me not blogging on Kacey, partly because it's just fun to blame stuff on her. But how can I. She makes every day better for me. So, it's just my fault.

As for my phone: Found out Verizon had a tower mess up in my neck of Nashville, so the phone actually "works."

As for everything since last time...wow. Um, we've seen a few movies, including Iron Man...twice. GREAT movie, we both loved it! Oh, and she let me rent Alvin and the Chipmunks the other night. I thought it was AWESOME! I think Kacey liked it too, just probably not as much as me!

Work has been just that...work. I actually scheduled myself for a few days off this week. See, about 3 weeks ago (maybe 4), we got a new manager. So, in this "transition period" I've spent a lot of time at work, making sure things work the way they should. I gotta say, it's weird training your manager.

This Monday will be our 4th pre-marital counseling session. I gotta admit, I wasn't really comfortable at first, partly because the guy is two years younger than me. Luckily he's been married a few years, so that helps. It was just a little weird to me at first.

If you don't know already, Kacey graduated last Saturday. She looked beautiful, of course. Graduation itself was kinda boring, but that's to be expected. At least they had bagpipes. Oh, and my dad and I wore the same outfit!! But my out is that Kacey told me to wear what I wore, so that made me feel a little better! haha.

Um, I'm in Nashville while Kacey is home for Mother's Day. I hate not being up there with family. I have such a great mom. One of my favorite things growing up, mainly in high school, was this: Mom would be at the kitchen sink. I would walk in, come up behind her, and just wrap my arms around her neck. That's what I always think of when I think of hugging my mom.

Most likely, I won't be going to church tomorrow. Part of it is I may have to go to work for a little bit, still not totally sure yet. But, more than that...I hate going to church by myself. Everytime I've done it here in Nashville, I pretty much want to sneak out the back as soon as they say, "Amen." I mean, yeah, a few people will say, "Good Morning," and even fewer will make small talk. But, probably sensing my anxiety, they end the conversation...and I bolt. I'm not really supposed to HATE church, am I???? The one time I've felt somewhat comfortable at church before Kacey and I started going together when we began dating was sometime last fall at 4th Avenue....And that was only because Stephanie Reynolds was sitting beside me. (Note that Kacey was not! haha!!)

Well, that's about it. I'm sure there's other stuff I forgot. Oh well.

Happy Mother's Day! To you, Mom, for being so much but expecting so little! To Lesli for being a great sister and a wonderful young Mother! And to Stephanie, for raising such an amazing young lady...and helping me wear her into submission.

To my Beautiful Future Wife: 10 years!! :o)

5 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice sentiments, especially for Mothers' Day! Hope all of the work hours does not wear your out and you can find time to look for another place to live. I don't like the idea of your being homeless!! Love you.
M

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Aww! How sweet! Thanks! And, thanks for my bday card!! :o) Love ya!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love you Nathan, but I don't think you should hold your breath about "wearing her into submission!" She is pretty stinkin' independent . . . like her mom!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Kacey Leigh said...

I love you, but mom's right about the submission thing. Good try though ;) The rest of this blog is perfectly wonderful.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Nathan Anderson said...

well, to kacey, i guess i'll take the ring back...since that's what i was talking about and you know it ;o)

But thanks for posting even after you asked what I meant in person! :o) HAHAHAHA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home