Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Love and Work

So, apparently, I have something to blog about! ;o) Well, first off, I worked 11 hours today, so there may be some typos or things that just flat out don't make sense, so I apologize ahead of time.


So, yes, I did the "get down on a knee" thing. AKA, proposed to the most beautiful woman I know! I, like Kacey, would prefer to tell it in person or on the phone, but I'll put at least some things in here. Although, the only people who read this blog already know all the details, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, we had a chance to go home this weekend and spend time with our families, which was so much fun! (Especially the whole "I have the cutest niece in the world" part!) We are really blessed to have known each other's families for so long. I mean, Greg was my youth deacon (and dare I say...Stephanie was the youth deaconess!). I've known Kacey and her family since I was 12 when they moved to "Paducah." (I say it like that b/c they live in MARSHALL COUNTY, a fact I like to remind Kacey of when she says words like, "like.") Anyway, I totally just went on a tangent....

Oh yeah, we went home. I told Kacey to "pack something nice" for Saturday night because, as much as we wanted to spend time with our families, I wanted us to have some "us time" too. Of course, she thought that meant PROPOSAL...which it totally did. You see, I WANTED her to know that I was gonna propose. But since she knew a ring was coming, and since we'd already talked "marriage," I had to have some way to keep the element of surprise. So, I decide to go the whole night without proposing, even give her a kiss goodnight and let her go inside. Then I would knock on the door, and be down on one knee, holding a ring, when she opened it. And this worked perfect for me. It meant I didn't have to hide my excitement or nervousness in fear of "giving it away" because I wanted her to expect it like that. So, it worked perfect, in my opinion. I'm sure I could explain it better after some sleep or in person...or both.

I have enjoyed so much telling people at work about getting engaged. It's funny, because almost all of them (mainly the women that work at the hotel) have pointed out my big goofy grin when I tell it. But I'm okay with being that happy. Today, one of the ladies almost started crying, saying it was "beautiful," which sounds good to me. I've never been more proud of anything I've done in my life than choosing (and even impressing at times) such a wonderful woman. The only thing that remotely competes is when I speak of Minnesota. It's kinda the same as Kacey speaking of Saba. But still, I don't think Minnesota or Saba compares with this for us.

As to what Kacey said on her blog... I don't know how exactly I'd explain our history. We definitely had an interest in each other for a LONG time. I never really spoke of it to anyone, not even family, mainly because I knew it couldn't work...well, then. Too much age difference, too much punching, too much distance, not the right timing. But now, God has finally provided us a chance and a time. Now, if she punches me, it's a little different. It's not a little girl who I think is cute, but a young woman who makes me light up when I see her. So, yeah, we haven't dated long. But we knew that if we were ever going to date, we would have to know FOR SURE. It was just one of those situations where we couldn't "just date." She waited until she "knew" and I am SO thankful for that.

To my best friend: Thank You! I am looking forward to the rest of our life, but not taking for granted every minute I have with you.


To everyone else: Thank you for your support, and most of all, prayers. Those also are not taken for granted! May God bless you for asking for His will in our lives!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nathan, Nathan . . . I'm all misty. I could not be more thankful for you and for how you feel about "my" best girl. I love you!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I love it! Each new day will add a little more to the story. I'm excited for both of you and look forward to what God will do through you and your commitment to each other!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home