Friday, October 21, 2005

Old friends still current

I've been able to be on instant messenger the last two days more than I have the whole semester. It's fun being able to reconnect with old friends and know that something is still there. I talked to Kacey who's in Nashville until like 3am last night, Grant in Paducah, and Tara (briefly) in Boston...actually, she was in Maryland, but she still lives in Boston. Then I sent messages back and forth today with Ali in Paducah, who I haven't talked to at all in at least 3 years. I've also gotten to talk to 3 different people who were in my youth group in Brownsville, which was crazy! They say family will always be there. But you never know about friends, so it's good to talk to some. I've learned the hard way that friends don't always stay friends. But such is life.

On a sad note, you may have noticed that my St. Louis Cardinals didn't make it to the World Series. I've heard some people talk about them underachieving. But to do what they did this year without their star third baseman (Rolen), injuries all around, and never knowing what they would get out of their corner outfielders (although Sanders was great until he got injured again in the playoffs), I'd say is pretty stinkin' great! I'm proud that they could play their bench guys as much as they did and still win more than anyone else in baseball. I mean really, who would plan to start Abraham Nunez as their third baseman?! Props to the Cardinals organization for always being a class act and giving us a good team!

Speaking of props. Props to the Astros and White Sox for making it to the big games. (It had to happen eventually!!!!) But really, they both had great seasons. I expect to see a lot of bunts in the Series, and great pitching! I love baseball! (And, officially, I don't hate hockey.)

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Lesli said...

Just want to say thanks for coming last weekend! I loved seeing you!!

I'm finally back at the office today! Yay!

Love ya,
Lesli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home